auto text

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
mkathyd
Phone: HTC hero

auto text

Post by mkathyd »

Can you take away the automatic space after selecting an auto text word? It is frustrating. If I hit space I get a period and if I don't I get 2 spaces.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: auto text

Post by cyril »

Hi
that's why there is an option "space after picking" ;) Or maybe I don't understand your problem...
Cyril
mkathyd

Post by mkathyd »

The space after picking option does not cut off and on for the auto text. It puts a space there after you select the auto text word regardless.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Sorry but I still don't understand your problem. Are you really talking about the custom AutoText?
If you pick a word in the prediction bar (regardless it comes from the dictionary or the custom autotext), a space is inserted only if you enable this "space after picking" option, or if you type the space key, of course... Are you sure you didn't type this trailing space yourself when you entered the autotext shortcut? This is the only explaination I have
Cyril
mkathyd

Post by mkathyd »

If I uncheck the auto space box and then select a word that is in my auto text dictionary it still inserts a space afterthe word when it isn't supposed to. That's the problem.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

I understand, but I cannot reproduce it
Have you checked that you didn't put this space in the shortcut itself?
Cyril
mkathyd

Post by mkathyd »

Ah hah! This is why your the genius! It was inserted automatically when I selected the shortcut word. Now I can fix them all.