SMART KEYBOARD PRO - keyboard layout on right side

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
vladeoff
Phone: O1 2.2.2

SMART KEYBOARD PRO - keyboard layout on right side

Post by vladeoff »

hi! I love the Smart Keyboard a lot..but I just noticed some "not-so-big-deal" on the layout of the keyboard..

Under PORTRAIT MODE, I've selected the T9 Layout, which brings the "N70" feel of keyboard.

If the keyboard is set to "QWERTY" the layout is perfect. I mean, no issues for me.

But..

T9 layout, which layout is set to "ABC[2], DEF[3], GHI[4], etc", I've found the right portion of the buttons not aligned well compared to the left portion of the keyboard. You can check it for yourself, and I don't know how to screenshot the layout for proof. :cry:

can you fix this? if not, it's ok. All the functions are well organized. Just that little alignment from the right portion. :D
vladeoff

Re: SMART KEYBOARD PRO - keyboard layout on right side

Post by vladeoff »

by the way, use the HTC skin to see what I mean.. :)
vladeoff

Post by vladeoff »

i guess my post has been ignored. :cry:
vladeoff

Post by vladeoff »

still no response for 3 days???? LOL i've paid the app to get the pro version..oh well, i'll find a way to capture the screen and post it here so that the developer could see it clearly. :(
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

What is the resolution of your screen?
Indeed there may be rounding issues causing some unexpected padding on the right side; it's probably possible to fix that.
Cyril
vladeoff

Post by vladeoff »

thanks cyril for that input..

my phone is LG optimus one P500 with a resolution of 320 x 480 pixels..please, whoever the developer is, if this can be fixed? i'll be happy to see the "padding" fix as soon as the developer had the time to do so. :)

so happy you replied. :)
vladeoff

Post by vladeoff »

After 2 days searching on how to capture screen, now I had this great app that captures what I'm worrying about the keyboard layout in T9. :)

I hope somebody could fix the layout on the right side.. thanks.. :)
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

After a deeper look at this problem, it appeared that these rounding issues had actually a lot of bad side effects on the layout (the one you mentioned is just one of them).
The layout is now calculated more precisely, which will hopefully solve all the problems. You can download the current beta version to check if this is fixed for you.
Cyril
vladeoff

Post by vladeoff »

OMG CYRIL you did it! I'm so happy! thank you..

When will you post the final app? I've been waiting for you in 2 hrs already! Yeah!!! You got it right.. :D
vladeoff

Post by vladeoff »

Few questions.. hope you consider this.. :)

1. If am going to update for the future release of the keyboard, should I get the beta version layout, or it will return to the old layout?

2. See the apostrophe ( ' ) in number 1 button? can you change it to questionmark(?) or exclamationpoint(!) ? because it looks empty... 5 more of my friends bought the pro, and they noticed the apostrophe.. they said "it broke the quality design of the keyboard".. ;)

And thanks.. your app fits my needs..thank you very much..