Cause of Lag

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Cause of Lag

Post by cyril »

I also suggest you to install "Log Collector" and post your logs after you see a lag in the keyboard, it may help me to diagnose the problem
Cyril
onthecouch
Phone: Android 2.1

Post by onthecouch »

Sure. I just installed, but I'm not sure how Log Collector works. Anytime I have a problem with typing, I just load up Log Collector and email to you what they have?

smartkeyboardpro@gmail.com correct?
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

That's it!
Cyril
onthecouch

Post by onthecouch »

Cyril, I sent a log immediately after I notice lag and an error. The two errors are: "Dang, really? How kuh is he grill? Do you want me to chip in or something?" written in Kik messenger. Obviously, it's supposed to be how "much" and "the" grill. I'm noticing "the" is a recurring problem - it often misses the "t" and since "he" is another commonly used word, I can't use custom auto text.

Anyway, I'm not sure how the log will show you what's wrong... but I sent it to you. My email is onthecouchagain, so if you see that, it's me.

Thanks.
onthecouch

Post by onthecouch »

Sent you another one. It's been happening throughout the day (and before too) but I guess two logs should suffice. Well, good luck. Hope to hear news...

This time, it was issues with the word "their". Kept coming out as "teir" until I typed slower. No lag really this time, but just kept missing the 'h'. (It misses letters quite often when typing fast - and not always necessarily due to lag, but most of the time, there is lag).
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

No luck unfortunately, these logs don't show anything special. Just an idea, if you really type with one finger, can you check "disable multitouch" in the advanced settings?
Cyril
onthecouch

Post by onthecouch »

I type with two (my two thumbs), and quite quickly. Enabling multi-touch is quite important.

I figured the logs wouldn't show much... =T

Cyril, do you know if those lag fixes around the hacker's forums might help?
onthecouch

Post by onthecouch »

After further experimenting, I notice letters close to each other have a harder time registering as presses in respect to multitouch. That's why most common errors are words like "you" (comes out either as "yu" or "ou" etc). Other issues include letters that repeat (like "look" or "see") they often miss that second letter. And lastly, I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but the letter "t" in particular has a hard time registering. To make sure it's not my phone, I hit "t" repeatedly and it registers, and hit "t" repeatedly with other letters (like "tototototo" which comes out okay, but if it was "t" and a letter next to it, it'd come out very laggy, and include symbols. This is true with other letters close by, but seems particularly problematic with the letter "t"). Words like "the" common only registers as "he".

Cyril, if that helps you look into the issue with the lag, or whatever, that'd be great.