Very disappointed

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
Vertigo
Phone: HTC Desire / Android 2.1update1

Very disappointed

Post by Vertigo »

Well after trying the free version and loving the ease of typing on the full landscape keyboard, I decided to buy the full version for the extra features and the T9 portrait keyboard. Unfortunately I'm having loads of problems with this.

Quite often, the keyboard seems to get confused about what mode its in. It's like its in T9 mode in that repeated tapping on one key doesn't produce multiple characters but the one character it does produce stays as the first letter of that key rather than cycling round them as it would in proper T9 mode. Sometimes tapping the T9 mode key a few times sorts it out but then other times it doesn't, very frustrating. Other times, when trying to change the mode, it'll crash completely.

I just had the above situation with the Google home page in the browser so thought I'd try reverting to the built in one to see if it worked any better and am now completely unable to get the smart keyboard back and am stuck with the standard one.

Can anyone please offer any advice on the T9 issue or let me know how I can get the keyboard to even work again?

Many thanks,
Toby
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Very disappointed

Post by cyril »

Hello
indeed when you type in Google search, auto-correct is disabled, so you need to select the word in the suggestion bar instead of pressing space to pick the best word. I'll see what can be done to avoid disabling auto-correct in compact/T9 mode
About the "complete crash", can you send me a log report with "Log Collector" when it happens?
now completely unable to get the smart keyboard back and am stuck with the standard one.
and what are you trying to do? What do you see in the popup menu when you click on "Input method" after a long press in the input box?
Cyril
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

Hi Cyril, thanks for the super fast reply.

I've got the keyboard working again after long pressing in the input box. My mistake, I forgot you had to do this and was just enabling it in settings, sorry about that.

As for the T9 keyboard, I think the problem I'm having is that it's behaviour seems to change depending on where you are so I don't know how it's going to behave half the time. Is there anything which summarises what features are unavailable where, so to speak?

Many thanks,
Toby
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

Now I look at it again, you're quite right - in the main Google search box, T9 does work but doesnt default to the right word like it normally does but rather the gibberish made up from the first letters of each key.

Why is this, out of interest? Is there something weird or unusual about this particular input box that makes it do this?
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Well, there are some hints given by an input box to the keyboard, such as "don't auto-correct" or "disable predictions". This has strange side effects when using compact/T9 mode, so I may need to do change something for these modes.
However you can disable some of these hints by enabling the "Always suggest" option
Cyril
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

OK thanks, I'll give that a try.

Thanks for the prompt help and apologies for my negativity, I think I was just getting a bit frustrated.
shirley0123

Post by shirley0123 »

For women who prefer to run off of the road, Womens Asics Gel Lyte 3 III offer the support and comfort of a shoe made to withstand rough terrain. Asics Gel Shoes are available in different styles to suit the runner.