A bug with landscape position keyboard

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
NubCake

A bug with landscape position keyboard

Post by NubCake »

I dont know how its called lol, so i couldn't type the name of the theme, but ill explain here.

When keyboard is in landscape position and fullscreen keyboard is turned off, theres no pointer or how should i say, the thing when you once click on the text and pops-up, so you can select or move to a letter more easyly and then you can copy/cut text for example, i dont know if you know what i mean, but this works in horizontal mode and landscape mode (fullscreen keyboard turned on), but not when its turned off.

This is the only picture i found that will show you what i mean, if you dont know (picture is not from Smart Keyboard, but i hope you will know what i'm talking about).
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: A bug with landscape position keyboard

Post by cyril »

The "no landscape fullscreen" feature was a bit tricky to implement, and a consequence of the current implementation is that the app thinks the keyboard is in fullscreen, while it is not. I think this causes this wrong behaviour in Gingerbread, as these pointers are not needed in fullscreen. At the moment I don't see an easy way of fixing this problem without causing other ones...
Cyril
NubCake

Post by NubCake »

I'm not using Gingerbread, i just gave a screen that i found, im actually using Samsung Galaxy S, ROM JPY (2.2.1), so theres no way to fix this? :D You can check it yourself, that it doesnt work in -> MSN Messenger: Mercury, but if it's hard to fix i understand it wont be fixed soon or later :D
NubCake

Post by NubCake »

Oh and i just noticed Scrolling doesnt work eather :D So if type a lot of text you cant scroll :P