disable capitalization completely

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
furii
Phone: DroidX

disable capitalization completely

Post by furii »

hey there, first i just want to say that this is easily the best keyboard available for android. that said, one thing that i would like to see is an option to completely disable capitalization. i prefer to type solely in lowercase letters, as you can see. call it an aesthetic thing. as it is now i have smart keyboard pro set to not capitalize the first word in a sentence and i would love it if it would be possible to extend this to all words.

for example if i'm typing the words i'll, i'm, i've, or i, etc. smart keyboard pro will replace them with I'll, I'm, I've or I. currently i have to pick the all lowercase word from the suggested list every time. same thing goes for names that are autocorrected, amanda becomes Amanda, etc.

i'm not sure how many other people would really use this option but i'd love to see it implemented. hopefully it is not too difficult.

cheers and keep up the great work :D
petepack
Phone: Galaxy S

Re: disable capitalization completely

Post by petepack »

Hi,
I bought Smart Keyboard today to replace Swiftkey :)

I also would really much appreciate a function to disable uppercase completely. I am using the german dictionary and it is quite annoying when my custom text is lowercase only, but the suggested words are with uppercase initials. I wouldn't care if the suggestion was uppercase but when tapping the word, would be transformed to lowercase through a menu option - since probably changing the language module is not possible :)

Apart from that, Smart Keyboard is the best typing experience you can get on Android (and Swype was pre-installed on my phone, but didn't deliver.)
Oveja
Phone: Google Nexus One, Android 2.2

Post by Oveja »

I'm not sure why you would want i'm instead of I'm or amanda instead of Amanda, seeing as how it's not proper grammar... explain?
furii
Phone: DroidX

Post by furii »

it's strictly personal preference. i prefer to have everything in lower case, it's just that simple. the great thing about android is its customizability and this is just one of those things i'd love to be able to customize.
danielseeksGod
Phone: Samsung Epic 4G - Android 2.1

Post by danielseeksGod »

i would also prefer all lowercase. my reason is mainly personal preference. the option would be neat, but i of course still want to be able to type in caps if i choose