Space Bar & Full Stop (period)

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
Zarch
Phone: HTC Desire 2.2

Re: Re: Space Bar & Full Stop (period)

Post by Zarch »

Enhanced wrote:Sounds great! But what do you mean by secondary choice? I just assume you'll have long press as a comma, single tap as a space and double tap as a period. That would be exactly how I would want it.
That is my understanding too.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Space Bar & Full Stop (period)

Post by cyril »

Just download the beta again, you will see what I meant!
Cyril
Oveja
Phone: Google Nexus One, Android 2.2

Post by Oveja »

Perfection :D Awesome job Cryril, never disappoint :)

Edit: One suggestion: Could you make the "123" key the same size as the "enter" key so that the spacebar is evenly placed between the letters? I know it's small, but I'm OCD :P
Enhanced
Phone: Captivate

Post by Enhanced »

It's pretty much exactly how I wanted it. Thanks cyril.

Only a single request though: can you make it auto add a space after the comma (on the long press on the space bar)? I wrote this in the beta thread too. Grammatically, there's always a space after a comma, no matter how you use it. Would just save an extra tap on the space bar after adding a comma. I tried to use the auto text to do this but it didn't work. Thanks!
bagou01

Post by bagou01 »

j'ai un peitt bug report pour la béta:
quand je suis dans la barre de séléction du destinataire d'un sms, la touche enter affiche le texte "suivant" qui dépasse de la touche
pareil pour quand je vais en édition de sms, la touche enter affiche "valider" qui dépasse également
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

quand je suis dans la barre de séléction du destinataire d'un sms, la touche enter affiche le texte "suivant" qui dépasse de la touche
pareil pour quand je vais en édition de sms, la touche enter affiche "valider" qui dépasse également
Je ne sais pas trop quoi faire pour ce problème... Ce n'est pas facile de changer dynamiquement la taille de la touche entrée, et elle est optimisée pour l'anglais qui a des mots plus courts que dans les autres langues
Cyril
bagou01

Post by bagou01 »

ben aucun problème de toutes façons ca n'est pas genant du tout ;) je voulais juste signaler ;)
ps: désolé d'être passé au francais, manque d'attention de ma part, je continue ne EN promis :lol:
Oveja
Phone: Google Nexus One, Android 2.2

Post by Oveja »

Could you put the period beside the comma in the suggestions bar with the "! , @" etc? That would be great!
bagou01

Post by bagou01 »

after a long thought, i really think the easiest way would have to have the " , " on the left of the spacebar and the " . " as a long press on that " , "
by the way, in the mean time, i put the dot and comma as two smileys so i have them both as a long press on the enter button :P
Zarch
Phone: HTC Desire 2.2

Post by Zarch »

I must admit after using it for a few days, the long press to get to the comma is frustrating.

I'd much prefer to see an actual comma button on the left hand side of the space bar.

The double press of the space bar for the full stop is fine though in most cases. Although if we do end up with a dedicated comma button, it would make sense to put a full stop on there as the long press option.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk