Dictionary from sms already in storage?

If you wish something new in Smart Keyboard, here is the place to ask!
fekish
Phone: 0035799347957

Dictionary from sms already in storage?

Post by fekish »

Hello,

i am writing most messages in Greek however in Latin characters...

Thus is there a way for the dictionary to search all messages and create a "dictionary" from what was already typed?

This would be superb!

Thanks
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Dictionary from sms already in storage?

Post by cyril »

Yes, this is in the TODO list. The difficulty is to guess the associated languages, as in Smart Keyboard all words are stored in the dictionary with an associated language
Cyril
fekish

Post by fekish »

Basically i do not care about the language now ;)

all i care is to add all the words with english characters to the dictionary... In Cyprus and Greece, most people use english characters to write greek words in SMS's. If we write Greek characters we have only 70 characters for 1 sms, otherwise the normal 160.

Is only if we write Capital Greek letters with no punctuation that we have 160 characters. And thus this has pushed us in writing with Lating (english) characters...
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

I understand you don't care about the language, but the problem is that Smart Keyboard cares ;) which makes this feature a bit tricky

By the way a "SMS mode" is also in the plan, to translate any language into normal ASCII text and get rid of encoding issues
Cyril
fekish

Post by fekish »

ok thanks. Now i dont have a dictionary installed on my phone, as i am creating a dictionary as we go on...

I dont think there is a dictionary for greek with english characters.
cygnus
Phone: htc desire, cyanogen latest

Post by cygnus »

and there doesn't need to be. technology has progressed, let's get rid of the "greeklish" plague
fekish

Post by fekish »

Well, when the companies would stop charging us more when we are using greek characters, i will start using Greek characters...
As soon as i turn greek characters, the sms words go down to 70 letters only! that is because the 160 characters, are just for the latin ones...

When the Government decides to force this thing into the telecomunication companies, i will start using Greek alphabet... I am saying the government, because seeing all those children being so wrong in spelling greek words, because they use just greeklish, is something that that the ministers should think about, as the future is not so good...
pcaker
Phone: HTC Amaze, Android 2.3

Post by pcaker »

I would certainly appreciate access to a sub menu in Smart Keyboard Pro "english" which provided greek alphabet characters, which are very commonly used in science and astronomy. SMS is only one of the uses of current super smart phones, which really are mini laptops on which many kinds of documents can be generated.